Monday, January 31, 2011

Blizzard in Oklahoma

This is only the third time in history that a blizzard warning has been issued for us. Our small town is out of eggs and bread, very low on milk and gas. A few stores have sold out of generators and sleds.

Schools have all ready been been cancelled in Green Country for tomorrow as we expect 16 inches of snow to fall after this freezing rain stops.

I called my boss and told them I don't know how to drive in blizzards. They said they would send the Hummer after me! Joys of small town living.

I was kinda wanting to stay home and work in the studio, however, since my Mom is having surgery next week and I will miss work to be with her I will make every effort to make it to work safely.

Hope it is warm where ever you are!

(=^o^=)

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Francy! Is this crazy or what?! The grocery store was the busiest I've ever seen it yesterday! Luckily they were well stocked. I went in about the middle of the afternoon and was able to get everything on my list. You be careful out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, we've had more than our fair share of snow lately, but at least in KS we are used to it and prepared! Stay warm!!

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

About Me

My photo
Oklahoma Craft supply collector.